Considering Growing Hemp?
Here are 5 Benefits to Using Drip Irrigation
There are dozens of countries around the world growing industrial hemp and the industry is experiencing continued growth and increased demand for hemp products, from oils to fabrics to food products.
In the United States, the recent passage of the 2018 Farm Bill which legalized the production of hemp as an agricultural commodity and removed it from the federal list of controlled substances, has led to what many refer to as the ‘Hemp Gold Rush’.
There are many considerations when growing industrial hemp with one of the key elements being irrigation.
Here are 5 benefits of using a drip irrigation system for your hemp production:
- Better seed germination, which leads to better crop growth and yield, because seeds are kept moist to help crack the seed and set the plant.
- With clone transplants, light, frequent application of water is essential for a good start. Drip irrigation allows you to efficiently and effectively manage water flow.
- Using drip irrigation allows you to wet up a strip along the plant row for good plant growth.
- With drip irrigation, you can inject the organic fertilizer mixture directly into the irrigation tube to deliver the right amount of nutrients to the plant’s roots, maximizing the impact and saving fertilizer and labor costs.
- Reduce unwanted weed growth by burying the drip tape or drip line a few inches under the soil and without plastic mulch.
If you are planning on growing industrial hemp, we are here to help you design the right irrigation system.
Find your best hemp irrigation solution with Rivulis: https://www.rivulis.com/about/#